6.16.2010

The Montage

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tonight a few Fab Gabs gals went out to dinner at The Montage, a delectable cajun style restaurant under the Morrison bridge. I had been there only once before and tried the alligator linguini, and I can officially say I'm not fond of alligator. But this time I got the Spold Mac, a mix of their classic mac and cheese, and the spicy mac and cheese, which has amazing cajun spices mixed in. It was faaaaaaaantastic! Their mac and cheese is so good, we all ordered a bowl!
Besides their yummy food, The Montage also is known for creating sculptures out of foil surrounding your leftovers. I made sure and leave a little mac and cheese just to see what I would get. I was made a beautiful rose, Julie got a bunny, and Lulu got a pretty kitty. I also saw a guy walk out the door with a full sized battle axe. I was a bit jealous.

I just got this dress from ModCloth today, and had planned on wearing it Sunday to a wedding (and still am), but I really couldn't wait to wear it. It's a new favorite. I don't actually have a basic black day dress, but always seem to need/want one. This is perfect. Though I was so excited to wear it, I didn't iron it very well, oops! Hope mom doesn't see.

She will, I'll hear about it tomorrow....

Beach Picnic Dress-Compliments of ModCloth

Reversible (yes, reversible) leopard coat-A gift from My aunt

Purse-Antique Warehouse

Hat-Magpie Vintage

Spider brooch-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Shoes-Gift from brother

Fox-Julie's

First photo by Lulu of Camera Bandit

13 comments:

What we four say said...

The montage is my fave in Portland! I tried to go while I was there over the holidays but they were not open and we didn't want to wait around for a hour. We tried to kill some time at the city liquidators but it was still too long. You ladies look amazing! You ordered my fave! They also have amazing smoked muscles, if you like that sort of thing! :)

art deco dame said...

the fox wrap is adorable!

Casey said...

Oh my goodness--you look gorgeous, Solanah! Like a swanky gal who just stepped out of a movie. ;)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

jungleworldcitizen said...

Interesting place, beautiful outfit!

Carys said...

These pictures are beautiful, you have the most perfect vintage hair!! I love your leopard-print scarf too, so glamorous!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I did miss this post! Bloglovin didn't tell me about it. evil!!
You're so cute with your hats!!! I love how you are styled!

Peldyn said...

Ah, I watched The Wizard of Oz with the granddaughter instead of reading blogs, forgive me! But I have caught up this morning :) Looks like you had tons of fun!

Maia said...

looks like so much fun!

Dizzy Dame said...

by far my fav photo of you!!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

I agree with Casey!
Love the dress....I do believe we own the same coat.
I love it!!

MarieBayArea said...

nice to see fab ladies enjoying a fab girls' nite out.

Cara Pearson said...

When i go on my gap year after year 12 I'm definately visiting!

p.s what is the template you use for your blog? i can't find one that doesn't create shadows behind my photographs.

Solanah said...

Cara, it's the most simple template (I forget what it's called), but you'll have to tinker around with the settings to get things just right :)