8.16.2009

Summer Picnic!


This afternoon was our annual family picnic at a park just outside of town. It was a perfect day for it, except there were so many bees! I was running around the entire time because they just like to buzz for no reason, right in my hair or try and tangle in my petticoat. They weren't honey bees or bumble bees, those are cute and fuzzy, but yellow jackets which really just exist to strike fear into me and my cousin Ruth (The one holding the beautiful pie, she made from scratch herself!).
There was a three legged pillow sack race, egg on a spoon race, and a pinata that would not burst.
After a while we went down to the rocky water to explore, I just love those smooth river rocks. Last year we went and waded into the water, at which time Sam didn't remove his cellphone from his pocket and needless to say it drowned. We stayed out of the water this time ;)

11 comments:

Hanne said...

That all looks SO fun!

Meaghan Kelly said...

awwww pillow sack races! what a fantastic family event!!! and your cousin has got a knack it would seem! that pie is mouth watering!!!

Unknown said...

O my gosh that cherry pie! I want to eat the whole thing up. The entire day looks marvellous. It makes me want to have a pillow sack race too complete with egg & spoon race.

Andi B. Goode said...

That looks like such a wonderful day!
-Andi x

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a deeply beautiful day, it looks like everything was so much fun (and I can practically taste how incredibly yummy that pie must have been!).

Wishing you a splendid Monday - big hugs,
♥ Jessica

The Glamorous Housewife said...

I love a family picnic. Your looks super fun- especially with that pie!

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

avintagespirit (Lizzy) said...

Looks like such a wonderful day! Such fun pictures, that cherry pie looks yummy (haha, and I'm not even a huge cherry pie fan).
I have those nasty yellow jacket bees too. They know I hate them and always find me ;)
Lovely post, have a great week.

Q's Daydream said...

Such fun!!! :o)

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had fun! I love your dress!

Sharps, Pooles and Friends said...

I thank you so much for taking the time to share these pictures. I wish I had been there.
Sheena
(Your Grandmother Barb's friend)

Michelle said...

Mmmm can I have some pie please? =]