5.12.2009

Prom dress


So this was my prom dress about three years ago, amazing huh? I bought it at Xtabay before it became a "vintage boutique" (I love Xtabay, but now it's just formals and bridals, so I have no reason to go). I'm thinking it was some sort of parade dress or something, because it's just so over the top with layers upon layers of lace, one shoulder, and a big bow on the side. Like a mix between "Gone with the Wind" and "Pirates of the Caribbean". When I went to prom I wore a rhinestone skull and crossbones necklace just to complete the look :)

Yesterday Lisa let me borrow a tripod for a while, so now I think I will do more dress up posts. I have so many vintage dresses that are either too formal, or too fragile for everyday wear, but must be seen! And Sam usually runs and hides when I say "Take my picture!" Probably because I look and them and make him take them again, hehe. The next photos will be better, these turned out super grainy, maybe next time I'll try them out in our little front yard, but I just really liked the fireplace, it's so cool.

*Check out this post Cici did of the white dress she just bought from me :)

Here is a interview I did for Cool Etst items under $20 about a hat.

14 comments:

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Very pretty I love the fireplace and the dress is amazing! ♥Darla

Meghan said...

Wow! Beautiful dress

Lisa Sofia said...

I love that dress!

Casey said...

You look so gorgeous! I love over-the-top dresses like this one; they're so fun!

A said...

The dress is amazing! Great pics!

Unknown said...

MORE MORE MORE MORE! I love fancy dresses!
This is enchanting.

reilly said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24969353&ref=sr_gallery_8&&ga_search_query=40s&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Look what I just found! Little red heels!

Josephine Frances said...

Wow! You must have stood out beautifully, you look amazing!!! I love the shoes too!

Vanessa said...

that is incredibly gorgeous!

Fräulein Luise said...

This dress is really amazing and unique!

reilly said...

Yeah I didn't even know key holders existed! It's a shame they aren't used anymore.

! Wow, I'm glad they were what you were looking for! I thought it was so funny when I saw them, you're welcome!

Kerry said...

Wow, I love the dress I also love the shoes. Where did you get them from?

Solanah said...

I got the shoes at Nordstrom rack, really the best place to get shoes :)

Elegant said...

i must say this is the best looking images i have ever seen. I am using it for my flog but there is one problem.